The government of Sudan has launched tender looking for consultants to assist within the implementation of an irrigation challenge in the states of North Kordofan and West Kordofan.
The venture entails set up of 1,170 solar irrigation pumps in the country. Successful consultants will provide engineering and supervision services, design of photo voltaic water pumping techniques, in accordance with the necessities of each farm.
The companies may even present help to the irrigation venture implementation unit, supervision and contract administration of works related to the set up and commissioning of the photo voltaic pumps. The firms will also help the venture implementation unit through technical and financial supervision to make sure that all works are carried out in accordance with the contract specifications. The consultants may even participate in the development activities and in the implementation of the project’s environmental and social administration plan.
Read:Optimising effectivity of solar-powered pumping methods
Erratic rainfall
The solar pumps shall be installed in North Kordofan and West Kordofan states where erratic rainfall is usually experienced as a result of arid local weather and local weather change, with a unfavorable influence on agricultural yields, according to the Food and Agriculture Organisation (FAO).
The new tools shall be used to pump groundwater. In addition to meals security, the challenge goals to reduce back farmers’ dependence on fossil fuels, that are harmful to human health and the surroundings. Interested firms have till September 14th, 2021 to apply.
เกจวัดแรงดันสูง is 75% financed by a $21.7 million loan from the African Development Bank (AfDB). The remaining 25% shall be paid in installments over three years. The pan-African establishment signifies that the installation of the solar pumps might be accomplished by December 31st, 2025.